Typically, property owners wonder about the cost of installing concrete paving. If you are considering paving your driveway, concrete is the ideal choice because it offers numerous benefits. Besides durability, concrete paving looks excellent, and it can improve the value of your home. A driveway covered in pavers is among the most attractive surfaces. As consumers regularly seek information about the cost of paving their driveways in San Rafael, CA, most come to learn that the prices are affordable. Since concrete paving is intricate and requires a high level of expertise, working with a reputable local contractor is the best choice.
What are the Costs of Concrete Paving in San Rafael?
Before you embark on a concrete paving project, it is prudent to know the estimated costs. Besides researching thoroughly, you can get a quote from a professional driveway paving company in San Rafael. However, since you can only estimate the costs, the final price can vary due to hourly rates, cost of materials, and local permits required. Ideally, the average cost to install concrete paving ranges between $1,630 and $7,710.
If you get concrete paving in San Rafael, the cost includes the following:
• Average labor cost to install the driveway
• The average cost of materials and equipment for the project
• Other project costs, for instance, components and machinery, cleanup fees, and surface preparation
Basic Types of Concrete Driveways
There are three basic types of concrete driveways, i.e., standard, stained, and stamped. Homeowners can opt for any of the concrete driveway types depending on their preference, budget, and their walkways' architectural style.
While a standard concrete driveway doesn't have any patterns or coloration, stained concrete allows homeowners to choose different hues. On the other hand, a stamped concrete driveway is the most complicated choice because it has different artistic designs on the surface to make your driveway beautiful.
Tips to Maintain a Driveway to Last Longer
• Prevent cracks – for concrete driveways; you need to seal the concrete annually to prevent water from penetrating, freezing, and thawing, thus causing cracks. If there are trees near your driveways, trim their roots to prevent them from causing cracks.
• Fill any cracks – cracks and holes are expected on driveways but patching them immediately is crucial. You can either DIY or hire a professional to do it for you.
• Minimize water on your driveway – provide run-off areas for water and snow by creating a strip around the edges of your driveway. Also, it is essential to ensure the downspouts empty into your yard and not the driveway!
• Avoid salting the cement – chemical de-icers & cement salt can penetrate the concrete surface, causing cracks. Instead of salting, using a shovel or snowblowers to remove snow is recommended.
• When plowing, Plow carefully ensure you have raised the blade to avoid scraping and damaging the surface of your driveway. Alternatively, you can use a plastic shovel on uneven surfaces, push the snow to the side, and then shovel it off.
• Clean your driveway regularly – in case there are stains caused by radiator fluids or motor oil, ensure you clean them because they can penetrate the surface. A non-clumping kitty litter can absorb fresh oil, while a grease-cutting dishwashing agent and warm water can help remove the stains.
To install, repair, or maintain your concrete driveway in San Rafael, contact San Rafael Concrete. We offer professional services to San Rafael residents and surrounding areas. Call us via (628) 204 – (3030) or visit our website to learn more about our services.